Our experience with historic renovation helps us understand what has made buildings successful in the past and create innovative solutions to mixed-use projects that layer upon existing histories, providing long-term value and support for businesses and community.
InterUrban leverages our creative vision and relationships to assure the success of overlooked and challenging projects from the earliest stages. We draw on deep experience with tax credit finance and complex uses to enhance our own projects and provide services to other property owners.
- We focus on revitalizing underutilized assets in urban contexts.
- Experience honed through our own projects creates a working philosophy and strategy focused on project success from the earliest phases of development. Core assets are our strong partnerships, innovative finance, and creative and passionate vision.
- We also provide fee-based services to property owners, developers, and public entities that benefit from our successful completion and operation of complex projects.
- Having successfully completed over 15 historic tax credit and new market tax credit developments, InterUrban is experienced in navigating the opportunities and complexities of tax credit funding.
- Expertise in the origination and partnership structure for successful use of historic tax credits, new market tax credits and property tax abatement.
- InterUrban will link tax credit attorneys, CPAs, and tax credit buyers to structure deals that are most beneficial to all parties.
- InterUrban will advise on tax credit structure and compliance issues that often derail otherwise strong projects.
- Utilize instruments like Section 108 loans that allow access to capital in otherwise constrained situations.
- Pursue successful crowdfunding sources to achieve a market edge for project and to bring additional – less expensive – capital.
- InterUrban will also work with international investors to originate EB5 investments inreal estate ventures.
- Project Vision – clearly define scope and explore creative solutions to achieve project goals.
- Business structure – ensure cooperative partnerships that align team member strengths to maximize efficiency.
- Historic Designation – proven success navigating historic listings, capitalizing on available financing options, and integrating new construction and uses with landmark properties.
- Entitlement Work – clear all bureaucratic hurdles, change of use, variances, and other vital land and building use issues.
- Construction and Project Management – generate the best development outcomes by procuring and guiding architectural, engineering, construction and project management teams.
- Tenant Selection – projects require the right mix of tenants to create lively and dynamic destinations for urban life.
- Standard Operating Practices – Ongoing project success is dependent on good relationships between tenants, managers and owners. Our collaborative experience produces low tenant turnover and high customer interest.